If you have a Samsung or LG Smart TV, you don’t have to buy an Apple TV or other device to cast your iPhone or iPad to your TV screen. Now the new Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps developed by AirBeamTV BV allows you to cast your iOS 11 device content to your smart TV screen. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to connect your iPhone screen to smart TV, but the Mirror for Samsung TV app should work pretty much the same way.
Note: Your iPhone/iPad and Smart TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for the apps to work. If so, then you can start.
Recently Google introduced a new feature, after this new feature Sync will not be done through the two devices, but directly through YouTube itself. Click for more details: Google’sNew Feature on YouTube
How to Cast iPhone Screen to LG Smart TV:
After connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the Mirror for LG TV app from the App Store (Paid app).
- Open the application.
- Wait until your TV appears in the list of available ones, and then click on its name.
- If a window appears on the TV asking if you want to connect the device, use the remote control to press Accept / Allow.
- The application will prompt you to add a screen recording icon to Control Center and enable access to applications. If you have these settings enabled, you can skip the corresponding steps.
- Go to Settings → Control Center and turn on Access in programs.
- Then open the Customize Element section. Control and add the Screen Recording icon.
- Return to the Mirror for the LG TV app and skip all the instructions by clicking on the button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will need to enable Notifications so you can see when the device connects to and disconnects from the TV.
- When you complete all the steps, the app will redirect you to YouTube to test the feature. Find some videos you want to watch on TV.
- Open Control Center and tap on the Screen Recording icon with 3D Touch or just a long press.
- Next, select the Mirror LGTV option and click Start Broadcasting.
After that, you should see the contents of your device on your TV screen with a slight lag.
How to End Broadcast:
When you want to stop broadcasting, just open the Control Center and click on the Screen Recording icon. A notification will appear at the top of the screen stating that the broadcast has been stopped. The TV will return to its normal state.
What Do You Need To Know?
Although the application is very convenient, it has its own nuances that you should be aware of. First, it only supports Smart TVs from 2012 and newer. If you are not sure which TV you have, you can find the TV model on the back.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, look for the letter in the middle of the model name (on the back of the TV).
- UE55_E_S8000 = 2012
- UE78_H_U8500L = 2014
And if you have an LG Smart TV, it will be more difficult to find out the model. The app developers recommend installing a free trial version of the app and checking if your TV is compatible with it.
- The device must be running iOS 11 or later.
- Broadcasting occurs with a delay of 1-3 seconds.
- Audio from Safari will not play on the TV, only on the device itself.
- Broadcasting should only be started after you open the desired application, as switching between applications will disable it.
- Some applications block the broadcast. Netflix is one of them.
- Applications are only supported by Samsung and LG Smart TVs. There is no support for other brands.
Whether you’d like to watch YouTube videos or surf the web on a big screen, these apps will do the job just fine. If you are a gamer or simply cannot stand a delay of a couple of seconds, then the applications are unlikely to suit you.
The capabilities of modern smartphones are constantly expanding, especially when it comes to the gadgets of the legendary Apple Company. By synchronizing your iPhone with your TV, you can increase its functionality. Let’s look at several options for how to connect an iPhone to an LG TV.
Other Connection Methods:
Sometimes it becomes necessary to display information from a smartphone on a large screen. For example, hold a presentation or view photos and video files in real-time. Connecting a smartphone to a TV screen is quite simple. You can do this using adapters and wires, or use the capabilities of wireless technology.
A wired connection is an easiest and most affordable way for all LG TV models and iPhone versions. But in this case, you will have to buy additional equipment, for example, an adapter.
Using a USB connection, you can view video and photo files from the smartphone’s memory. You will not be able to transfer a live broadcast or video call from Skype in this way. As a bonus, when connected via USB, the iPhone will be charged from the TV.
This is the most practical way to sync devices. It allows you to expand the synchronization capabilities but is mainly available on TVs with a Smart platform.
Using AirPlay technology, you can transfer the contents of your smartphone, start streaming video, or mirror your iPhone screen on an LG Smart TV. It is important that the TV equipment supports AirPlay technology.
To view the smartphone screen on a TV, you need:
- Devices connect to a single Wi-Fi network.
- Find on the smartphone in the control menu the item “Screen repeat”.
- Select a Smart TV from the list.
- A password will appear on the TV screen, which must be entered on the iPhone. The screen will then display on the TV.
This method of wireless synchronization requires the presence of special equipment – the Apple TV set-top box. It is connected via Wi-Fi.
Before setting up, it is important to update the operating systems in the devices to avoid errors.
Google Chromecast device: If the TV does not have a Wi-Fi adapter, then you can use the additional Google Chromecast equipment, which looks like a USB flash drive.
As you can see, there are several ways to connect iPhone to LG TV. The choice depends on the functionality of the television equipment, the availability of the necessary additional devices, as well as the result that you want to get from synchronization. LG TVs occupy a large percentage of the “smart TV” market, and they have many advanced features. New future-oriented technologies, as well as the ability to synchronize different devices with each other, have led to the fact that more and more users began to connect their iPhones to LG Smart TV.
After rigorous testing, we have confirmed that the following methods are guaranteed to cast iPhone screens to TV. As a result, the user can enjoy watching various mobile content on a large screen.